Search This Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Face – to Face with Rtr. Praveen .T. V.


One of the friendliest persons that we’ve seen at Loyola, Rtr.Praveen is quite popular among his seniors, peers and juniors. Currently the President of Rotaract Club of Loyola College, Rtr.Praveen strikes a chord with you almost immediately. Hence, when he agreed to spend some time to answer a few questions for me, I knew that I was going to enjoy this rendezvous. Read on...

Q. Who introduced you to Rotaract?

Praveen: It was my good friend Rtr.Prabhoo Narayana Moorthy Who first urged me to join the Rotaract Club in college.


Q. Which quality or aspect of Rotaract appeals to you a lot?

Praveen: Forgiveness... You can afford to do mistakes here at Rotaract and then learn from your mistakes. It is not like the Corporate World where they might hire you in the morning for your intellectual capacity and yet fire you before evening for a silly mistake you make!


Q. Who are your inspiration / role model at Rotaract? - Please mention Rotaractor(s) and Rotarian(s)....

Praveen: A good number of people have led me by example including Rtn.George.B.Cherian, Rtn.Prasanna Shenoy, Rtn.Ahluwalia, Rtn.Subbu and Rtr.Inder Kumar, Rtr.Solomon Victor, Rtr. Lakshmi Theja, Rtr.Sujit, Rtr.Manoj, Rtr.Hanif, Rtr.Aditya, Rtr.Sharan.


Q. In the past 3 years, have you, at any point, regretted joining Rotaract?

Praveen: No. Rotaract has been nothing but a great learning experience for me.


Q. What is the happiest moment you can recall in Rotaract?

Praveen: My journey in Rotaract all these years has thoroughly been an exceedingly satisfying one. Attending RYLA and Conducting RYLA twice deserve special mention though.


Q. You were an Interactor initially. Which do you like more - Rotaract or Interact?

Praveen: Yes, I was an Interactor at first, but it was in Rotaract that I got more exposure. That is what helps Rotaract score over Interact.


Q. Of all the programmes you conducted / took part in, which is your personal favorite and why?

Praveen: Undoubtedly it is RYLA, because it was the project that made me to stay in Rotaract.


Q. On a concluding note, would u like to say something to our green rotaractors??

Praveen: Invest your valuable time correctly and sense some improvement in Rotaract Movement rather than just working towards finishing off your required hours for the sake of credits. I consider myself an example of as to how Rotaract can mould a person. If you have any queries, feel free to call me @ 9884525023. Thank You and Good Luck.

(Rtr.Praveen.T.V. has completed his Bachelors in Business Administration from Loyola College, Chennai and is now pursuing his Masters in the same field)

No comments:

Post a Comment